Mouth cancer can develops in the different parts of the mouth like on the:
- Inside lining of the cheeks
- Roof of the mouth
- Floor of the mouth
The signs and symptoms of mouth cancer can be:
- A sore that doesn’t heal for more than 2 weeks.
- A lump or thickening of the skin or lining of your mouth.
- A white or reddish patch or areas where the mouth lining is peeling or rough.
- Loose teeth.
- A denture that used to fit well and now it does not.
- Tongue pain, especially when it moves.
- Jaw pain or stiffness for an extended period of time.
- Difficult or painful chewing without reason for more than 2 weeks.
- Difficult or painful swallowing for more than 2 weeks.
- Sore throat for more than 2 weeks.
- Feeling that something is irritating or caught in your throat.
when you have one of these signs, please make an appointment with us. I will investigate other more common causes for your signs and symptoms first, such as an infection and see if there is a reason for concern.