At Tooronga Family Dentistry we provide general dental treatments for the entire family, to help you keep your teeth and gums healthy, your breath fresh and to enable you to have a bright, healthy smile for the long-term.
The best way to retain your teeth for life is to attend general dental examination every six to twelve months. We take responsibility for the diagnosis, treatment and overall coordination of services to meet your oral health needs.
Dr Kaufman initial thorough and comprehensive examination consists of the following:
- Oral cancer screening.
- Periodontal, gum disease, screening examination.
- Baseline recording of all existing conditions.
- Recording of orthodontic classification, tooth relation and discrepancies.
- Jaw Joint, Temporo Mandibular Joint examination.
- Examination of present inflammation in the oral cavity.
- Charting of teeth, restoration.
- Set of intraoral and extra oral photos.
- Radiographic x-rays when needed, with a digital system which uses the lowest amount of radiation.
- Dietary Advice.
- Oral hygiene instructions.
- Further tests as required by the condition of the teeth.
The comprehensive initial examination may indicate the need for treatment. Dr. Kaufman makes a detailed treatment plan to restore the diseased teeth and gums to a healthy state. These treatment may include:
- Teeth cleaning and oral hygiene instructions.
- White fillings.
- Fissure sealant placement to protect the teeth from decay.
- Preventive dentistry.
- Dietary advice.
- Treatment for worn teeth.
- Treatment for bad breath.
- Replacing metal restorations.
- Tooth extraction.
- Root canal treatment.
- Treatment for gum disease.
To help relieve any anxiety we use a variety of relaxation and sedation methods.
Please call us 98227006 to schedule an appointment.